7 June 2021
Every year, the number of students in the world increases considerably, meaning that by 2025, there will be more than 80 million students! The number of international exchanges are also increasing, especially in France. It is the fourth most popular destination in the world for international students who choose to continue their education in one of the 3900 higher education institutions the country has to offer.
How do I apply?
So, you’ve decided you want to go to France to start or continue your studies?
- If you coming from one of the 46 countries that are required to apply via the "Etudes en France" (“Studying in France”) procedure, you will find all the information you need to make this online application on the CampusFrance website.
- If your country of residence does not feature on this list, you can contact the French institution of your choice directly.
What steps will I need to take to live in France?
Once your application has been accepted, all you need to do is apply for your student visa.
How to get a student visa:
- First, your application needs to be accepted by a French University or School.
- You will need to pay the registration fees.
- Send the requested documents to Campus France (or to the French embassy if your country of origin does not belong to the "Etudes en France" program).
- Obtain your visa.
- Validate your arrival date and begin your French adventure!
Watch out, the visa application procedure takes about 2 months, so make sure you send your application in time! Your visa will be valid for 1 year therefore it will need to be renewed in order for you to extend your French residence permit for a longer period.
Can I apply for a scholarship or finance my studies?
To help you make the most of your experience living and studying in France, various scholarships may be available to you, depending on your situation.
- Are you wanting to study in France for one semester or one year only? The Erasmus+ program provides grants to European students depending on their exchange country. Find out which grants may be available to you.
- Hoping to study in France at a lower cost? This may be possible thanks to the grants offered by the French government. More than 10,000 scholarships and 14,000 tuition fee waivers are granted each year by the French embassies abroad. Contact the French embassy in your country of residence to find out more.
- ESDES Lyon Business School offers scholarships which will cover the cost of 25% to 50% of tuition fees, as well as scholarships for excellence that may be awarded for any one of the programs it has to offer. Find out if you are eligible.
International students at ESDES
Whether you come to study in France for a semester, a year or plan to complete an entire course, you can be sure to find a study program that is perfectly adapted to your profile and your desires. Explore the study programs that the ESDES Lyon Business School has to offer.
If you are a French-speaking student, our ESDES Grande Ecole Program offers you the opportunity to spend up to 36 months studying abroad at one of our partner universities, you can choose from over 100 institutions across the globe. You can also choose to enroll in one of the 40 double degree programs and build your career abroad!
ESDES is, above all, an international campus with more than 20% of its students coming from abroad. It is also a melting pot where over 35 nationalities get to mingle and share their experiences. So, what are you waiting for? join ESDES Lyon Business School and be one of the 325,000 international students who choose France as their destination.
There’s no need to panic, all the information you might need to help you come and study in France can be found here.